Sunday, May 4, 2014

Pagan Ways is finished!

Today I sat down and wrote the ending of Pagan Ways, my Camp NaNoWriMo novel! It really made me feel good to get the ending down on paper. It's been in my mind for a while but today the story just basically write itself. I love it when I'm so into what I am writing that the word flow so easily!

Blythe Barton, a writer for a local magazine, is asked to write an article about real witches for an upcoming Halloween issue. As a Christian Blythe feels very strange about researching the pagan ways but reluctantly agrees to do it in order to earn a promotion. She meets with a local potter and Wiccan, Rick Conrad, who agrees to give her an interview if she will agree to study his religion for a few months to fully understand why pagans believe what they believe. She agrees and Rick, along with his high priestess, Arden McMurphy, begin teaching Blythe about their religion. Arden's distrust in Blythe combined with growing feelings Blythe has for Rick complicate matters and could bring problems for Arden's well established coven. Will Arden's past, Blythe's future, and Rick's love all come together for the mutual benefit of all or will their own wishes break apart the coven for good?

This novel is very personal for me as it highlights some aspects of my own life. In fact, I've put my own wedding picture from my marriage to my second husband in the temporary cover art that I designed tonight. The temporary cover art is above and I hope you enjoy it!

Now that Pagan Ways is finished it's time to concentrate on the preparations for The Search for Mrs. Claus that will be coming out on June 20! Stay tuned to this page for more information on this fun, magical novel and to get into the Christmas spirit a bit early!

1 comment: