Tuesday, May 6, 2014

44 Days and Counting!

Happy Tuesday friends! Take a look above. Santa Claus is coming to town...or at least the tale of how he met and married his bride is! He's given me an early release day present: a countdown clock for the blog! This way everyone can see how much time is left until the release day of The Search for Mrs. Claus!

Thinking back on the writing of this novel I am reminded of the Christmas presents that I've received over the years. I can vividly remember the Christmas when I got my ten speed mountain bike! I was nine years old and I'd been asking for a ten speed for a while. My mom advised me to be really good and Santa Claus might bring me one for Christmas. Well, Christmas morning arrived and I woke up and hurried to wake my parents! See, there was a rule in our house on Christmas morning. Parents had to see the presents first. Otherwise, everything disappeared. I was always terrified of my presents from Santa being magically whisked back to the North Pole if my parents didn't see the gifts first so I always ran to wake them up on Christmas morning. My dad went out into the living room and turned on the Christmas lights. He then called me to come on in. I ran into the living room and a huge grin spread across my face when I saw that gorgeous black ten speed sitting beside the Christmas tree! Santa came through on his promise and I couldn't wait to get outside and start riding that amazing new bike!

Tell me about your most memorable Christmas gift. What really sticks out in your mind as a special present?

2 comments:

  1. You're writing a book about Santa? Awesome! I started a "believe in Santa again" blog but then kinda lost interest (not in Santa, just in the blog). So I will look forward to the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you! I appreciate you spreading the word! Please send me the link to your blog so that I can check it out!

    ReplyDelete