Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there! Today is your day! Enjoy it! For my Mother's Day, yesterday I gave myself a little present. I never go to a hair salon and get my hair done. I've pretty much had the same hairstyle for most of my life. I decided to change things up a bit. I had a foot of hair cut off yesterday! I'll be donating it to Locks of Love, an organization that makes wigs for children with cancer.

There's the foot of hair I had cut. Wow! After it was cut I couldn't believe how much lighter me head felt! You really don't realize how much your hair weighs until it's not hanging on the back of your head anymore. I also got some blonde highlights to brighten up my hair. What do you think of the finished product?

Here's the back view.

And Here's the front view.

This was a really big deal for me. Honestly, of all of my physical attributes my hair was the one that I liked the most. Cutting it off was a bit scary! Yet, when she brought the scissors over I didn't even flinch. I think I was ready for a new me. I wanted to have a more professional appearance when I had my new author photo taken and my previous hair was...less than professional in appearance. My new do is much better suited for professionalism!

I was really surprised at the difference! So far I like it! Take today and do something special for yourself. Enjoy the day with your families!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous makeover and love the fact that you gave to Locks of Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've donated my hair twice, the first to Locks of Love and then to an Israeli group called Zichron Menachem. I'm going to be donating again to ZM very soon, this time with probably way more than just the foot I donated before.

    ReplyDelete