Sunday, April 27, 2014

Quick Update

Happy Sunday everyone! Today's going to be a busy day for me. We'll be heading to my mother's house shortly to help her clean out her garage. She also has an above ground pool that we're going to bring back to our house and set up for the summer. It will be fun to have a pool this year! Honestly it gets so incredibly hot here in Georgia and a pool will be fantastic for the summer! I'm looking forward to being able to come home after work and float in it to cool off. I know my daughter will be in it from the time we get home until the sun sets!

I finished reading a really great book this morning as well and wanted to share it with you. Now, you know that I typically read romance novels. I rarely ever branch out of my little comfort zone. However, K.R. Morrison's Be Not Afraid is classified as a horror novel. There's absolutely nothing romance about it! This is a chilling tale of God vs. the vampire Vlad over the soul of a Christian woman, Lydia. Now don't get the image of Edward and Bella in your minds when you start considering Lydia and Vlad. They are far from that image! This book kept me on the edge of my seat from the first page to the last. I am truly looking forward to the next book in the series! You know, this may encourage me to branch out of my romance comfort zone more often. I'm looking forward to the next installment so I can find out more about how Lydia and her family deal with the frightening changes taking place around them!

I've still got some writing left to do on my Camp NaNoWriMo novel. I had a rather lofty goal of 75,000 words set for myself and I will most definitely not reach that. However, to get a true NaNo win you need to write more than 50,000. I've just a hair over 40,000 words right now. I can definitely make 50,000 by April 30. The book, Pagan Ways will not be complete then but I can continue working on it even after Camp NaNoWriMo is over.

I've got to go get ready and head for my mom's house now. Have a fabulous day and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment